Replacing a garage door can be a daunting task and choosing the right company is incredibly important if you want the job done correctly! On Track Garage Doors is experienced and reliable, specializing in garage door replacement in Rockland County NY! We work with our customers to help them make the best decisions when making such a large and costly home repair.
Types of garage doors
- Double doors that swing open
- A single door that lifts up (This type of door is seldom seen anymore)
- A door made from several long, connected panels that roll up and overhead
Installing your new garage door
- Select the door you want. Your current door will be measured by our technician to help identify the correct size door for your garage.
- When installing the new door, our technicians will release the old spring in order to remove the old door and tracks. If the door is a segmented door, the segments will be removed one by one. All of the hardware will be collected and properly disposed of.
- The new tracks will be installed so the new door will open and close easily. On the bottom door segment, weather stripping will be installed. Rollers will be installed on the new door segments and inserted into the tracks. The hinges will then be attached so the entire door will move as one unit.
- At the top of the door, the brackets for the springs will be mounted. These are threaded onto the rods and the cables will be attached. When the door is opened, the tension places on the cable and holds it in place. The springs will then be adjusted by the technician. This will conclude your garage door replacement in Rockland County.
Why Should You Replace Your Garage Door in Rockland County?
A new garage door will give your home an instant face lift. Since most new doors are energy efficient, you may find your utility bill lower if your house and garage are attached. Items stored in the garage will fare better with an insulated door keeping the summer heat out and the winter heat inside. You might find the garage comfortable enough to use it as an extra room. Contact us today at (914) 301-2026 and get more information about garage door replacement in Rockland County NY!
On Track Garage Doors are experts in garage door replacement. If you have any questions pertaining to garage door replacement in Rockland County, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with On Track Garage Doors, contact us at (914) 301-2026.